Monday, September 21, 2009

About hatred...

I am in an area that is severely hindered by their hatred of religions other than Christianity and races other than Caucasian. Almost daily I receive forwards that are blatantly hateful and in many cases ignorant. I want so badly to respond to these emails but cannot.

The emails range from simple to intricate, enticing me to forward them on if I am in fact a true American or a true Christian. What bothers me the most is the amount of hate that spews from the pages as I read. Every single person sending me these forwards claims the name of Christ and yet; they have hate in their hearts.

I wonder do they actually read these emails before sending them on or is there some kind of social norm that requires them to do so? I wonder how am I to respond? By doing nothing am I condoning their actions? What is the right thing to do? Because of my position I have to be very careful in my interaction. How can I show them what Jesus meant when he said, “Love one another”? I feel sure that he didn’t slip “only the Christians” into that statement. I KNOW he didn’t mean “only the white people” because hell, Jesus wasn’t white.

So here’s the thing, I feel heartbroken. I feel burdened deep within both for these people, and for the ones they hate. There are so many that just don’t get it. God is love. God is LOVE. Why is it that we act so unloving?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Post Friend. Makes me want to watch my actions very carefully to ensure that they reveal that God is Love.
~B

Anonymous Blogger said...

Me too B, me too. I thought about it while driving today.