Thursday, May 27, 2010

About Selfishness...

I work for a very small...well...I'll call it a business. We are so small that we do not have janitors but rather everyone takes a week to clean, always in pairs. This week I came in to work to find a seventy-year-old sweet soul cleaning by herself. Her very selfish (and much younger) partner had decided not to help. This is not the first time this particular person has left somebody out on their own.

It makes me angry, in the kind of way that I believe is righteous. When persons care so much for themselves and so little for others...I just don't get it really. I don't understand selfishness, but I see it all around me. People don't care enough about others. Who taught us that it is ok to think only of ourselves? When did that become the norm rather than the exception? I don't like it.

Dear selfish person, get over yourself...get off your duff...care about someone else for once. You blame all your problems on others when you really should take a look at your own actions and assess. You aren't fooling anyone but yourself.

So here's the thing about selfishness, I do not care for it. And in this case, it made me angry.

No comments: